Kid U Preschool – Fifth Grade
- Preschool for 2-year olds (must be 2 by September 1)
- Preschool for 3-year olds (must be 3 by September 1) **
- Pre-Kindergarten for 4-year olds (must be 4 by September 1)**
- Kindergarten (must be 5 September 1st)*
- First Grade (must have completed a Kindergarten program)
**Children 3 and up must be completely toilet trained
As an important ministry of the Monument Baptist Congregation, Kid U will help fulfill each of the congregation’s five functions: education, worship, evangelism, fellowship, and service.
Education occurs daily in all subjects to prepare children to serve God and people throughout their lives. The Holy Spirit through God’s Word nurtures children’s faith in Christ.
Children will be encouraged to grow in their prayer lives, learning to pray privately and corporately whenever needs or opportunities arise.
Children of un-churched families hear the good news of Jesus’ love and share it with their families and friends.
Each person’s uniqueness is recognized, and individuals are helped to achieve their full potential. Teachers and students work together to maintain a classroom atmosphere of love and joy.
Children are led to help others, not only in the school, but also in the community and the world. Teachers encourage Christ-like compassion and love for all people.
Subjects to be taught at Kid U are as follows:
- Bible Story & Memorization
- Sign Language
- Manners/Personal Care
- Physical Movement
- Story Time
- Social Studies
- Reading Readiness
- Sensory Play
We use the ABEKA curriculum. Through this faith-based curriculum and extra-curricular learning, your child will benefit to the fullest capacity of academic, social and emotional, physical and Christian growth.
- Christian Environment and Education
- Committed Teachers
- Limited Class Size
- Individualized Instruction
- Family Atmosphere
Parents may obtain an enrollment packet and information at Monument Baptist Church during the regular business hours or print them online. Please contact the Monument Baptist Church office, April Tolley or Tammy Massey, Kid University Directors with any questions or concerns you might have.
A completed enrollment packet with a copy of a current immunization record, a health statement signed by a physician and a birth certificate is required before Kid U will assume responsibility of caring for your child.
You are welcome to visit the school during Meet the Teacher/Parent Orientation night in August.
Mission Statement and Core Values
In partnership with parents, Kid University exists to provide a distinctive, biblically-based developmental education in a nurturing environment through which children are instilled with Godly character. Kid University’s mission is to partner with the family to introduce God’s plan for their child and inspire a love for learning. A developmental approach is used to teach the whole child (spiritual, physical, emotional, social, and cognitive) in preparation for future education and life.
- Partners with families to introduce God’s plan and teach Jesus’ love for the children, encouraging His values and character in their lives.
- Partners with families by providing opportunities and resources to increase their knowledge of child development and parenting skills.
- Provides children with a safe, loving, and nurturing environment to learn and grow.
- Provides opportunities for each child to build self-worth, confidence and self-help skills.
- Provides opportunities where children can interact with peers and adults outside the family unit.
- Provides children with a developmentally age-appropriate curriculum and emergent activities which encompass all areas of the child’s development.