Kid U Preschool – Second Grade
- Preschool for 2-year olds (must be 2 by September 1)
- Preschool for 3-year olds (must be 3 by September 1) **
- Pre-Kindergarten for 4-year olds (must be 4 by September 1)**
- Kindergarten (must be 5 September 1st)**
- First Grade (must have completed a Kindergarten program)
**Children 3 and up must be completely toilet trained
Hours of Operation
Kid University operates Monday through Friday, August through May, with holiday breaks scheduled to coincide with the La Porte ISD Calendar. A yearly calendar of events and closings is published in August each year.
Kid U provides a Breakfast Club for all students from 7:30 AM which includes a hot breakfast and play time in centers. The cost is $5 a day.
Children not in the Breakfast Club may arrive no earlier than 8:40 and all children must be picked up no later than 2:10.
Classes start at 9AM and will end at 2PM. Academic learning will start at 9. The entire day is filled with hands on curriculum, designated lunch and playground times.
Parents are expected to drop off and pick up their children on time. A charge will be assessed for late pick-up. Kid U will offer an after school program beginning in the Fall of 2013 care. Currently we do not provide evening, weekend, or summer care.
Subjects to be taught at Kid U are as follows:
- Bible Story & Memorization
- Sign Language
- Manners/Personal Care
- Physical Movement
- Story Time
- Social Studies
- Reading Readiness
- Sensory Play
We use the ABEKA curriculum. Through this faith-based curriculum and extra-curricular learning, your child will benefit to the fullest capacity of academic, social and emotional, physical and Christian growth.
- Christian Environment and Education
- Committed Teachers
- Limited Class Size
- Individualized Instruction
- Family Atmosphere
Parents may obtain an enrollment packet and information at Monument Baptist Church during the regular business hours or print them online. Please contact the Monument Baptist Church office, April Tolley, Kid U Director or Tammy Massey, Kid U Administrative Assistant (information above) with any questions or concerns you might have.
A completed enrollment packet with a copy of a current immunization record, a health statement signed by a physician and a birth certificate is required before Kid U will assume responsibility of caring for your child.
You are welcome to visit the school during Meet the Teacher/Parent Orientation night in August.
Mission Statement and Core Values, Monument Baptist Church Kid University
In partnership with parents, Kid University exists to provide a distinctive, biblically-based developmental education in a nurturing environment through which children are instilled with Godly character. Kid University’s mission is to partner with the family to introduce God’s plan for their child and inspire a love for learning. A developmental approach is use d to teach the whole child (spiritual physical, emotional, social, and cognitive) in preparation for Elementary and life.
- Partners with families to introduce God’s plan and teach Jesus’ love for the children, encouraging His values and character in their lives.
- Partners with families by providing opportunities and resources to increase their knowledge of child development and parenting skills.
- Provides children with a safe, loving, and nurturing environment to learn and grow.
- Provides opportunities for each child to build self-worth, confidence and self-help skills.
- Provides opportunities where children can interact with peers and adults outside the family unit.
- Provides children with a developmentally age-appropriate curriculum and emergent activities which encompass all areas of the child’s development.